NEHAWU To Brief Media On State Of Readiness And Details Of The National Strike AT TVET And CET Colleges
Saturday February 09, 2019
The National Education Health & Allied Workers Union [NEHAWU] will convene a press conference on Monday February 11, 2019 to outline plans, state of readiness and details of the upcoming national strike in all TVET and CET colleges across the country. The national strike is scheduled to start on Wednesday February 13, 2019. Some of the issues that has resulted in NEHAWU acquiring a strike certificate as mandated by our members are as follows:
- Since migration in 2015 our member’s salaries and other benefits have been stagnant. Workers in TVET colleges earn far less than their counterparts in the public service.
- None application of section 198B of the Labour Relations Act for all qualifying contract workers in TVET and CET colleges. Some colleges are terminating contracts of our members unilaterally.
- None deduction of pension benefit for CET staff employees.
- Transferring of all college paid staff into Persal.
- Non-implementation performance bonuses and grade progression.
- Introduction of a new salary dispensation for TVET college staff
- Non-payment of outstanding benefits caused by dual pay system (37% in lieu of benefits)
- The removal of the Director General of DHET Mr Gwebinkundla Qonde and Deputy Director General-Corporate Services for failing to implement sound HR policies at the Department of Higher Education and Training.
- Failure by DHET to address all the issues that were raised in a memorandum of demands handed over to the Minister in 2017.
- Victimization and purging of NEHAWU Shop Stewards as well members in TVET Colleges.
- Reorganization of the examination unit which includes printing of all outstanding certificates and diplomas for college graduates.
|Date||Monday February 11, 2019|
|Venue||Protea Hotel by Marriott Pretoria Hatfield, 1141 Burnett St, Hatfield, Pretoria|
Members of the media are encouraged to attend and to cover the press conference.
Please confirm attendance with NEHAWU Media Liaison Officer Cde Khaya Xaba at 082 455 2500 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- 09 February 2019: NEHAWU To Brief Media On State Of Readiness And Details Of The National Strike At Tvet And Cet Colleges Read More
- 08 February 2019: NEHAWU Supports Saus Calls For National Shut Down Of Universities Read More
- 08 February 2019: NEHAWU Response To The 2019 State Of The Nation Address Read More
- 07 February 2019: NEHAWU Supports Cosatu National Strike Against Job Losses Read More
- 07 February 2019: NEHAWU Currently Finalising Preparations For A Strike In All TVET Colleges Nationwide Read More