NEHAWU Send Condolences Following The Passing Of The Saharwi Ambassador To South Africa
Sunday December 01, 2019
The National Education Health and Allied Worker Union [NEHAWU] mourns the passing of His Excellency Mr Radhi-Sghaiar Bachir, Ambassador of the Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic to the Republic of South Africa.
NEHAWU conveys deep and heartfelt condolences to the Bachir family, the people, the government of the Saharawi Arab Democratic Republic led by President Brahim Ghali and the Polisario Frente.
Cde Bachir dedicated his entire life to the struggle for the independence of the Sahrawi people and championed the struggle to self-determination. He will forever be remembered for his unassuming character and his commitment to the struggle against the occupation of Western Sahara by Morocco.
The national union remains steadfast in its demand for South Africa not renew diplomatic relations with the colonial regime of Morocco and continues to condemn the hypocrisy of the African Union [AU] in readmitting Morocco as a members state.
NEHAWU is confident that the people of Western Sahara will one day be free from the colonial regime of Morocco and will continue to support their struggle for self-determination.
Issued by NEHAWU Secretariat
Zola Saphetha [General Secretary] at 082 558 5968;
December Mavuso (Deputy General Secretary) 082 558 5969
Khaya Xaba [NEHAWU National Spokesperson] at 082 455 2500 or
Visit NEHAWU website: www.nehawu.org.za
- 20 November 2019: NEHAWU Condemns The Arrogance Displayed By The TUT Council And ManagementRead More
- 18 November 2019: NEHAWU Mpumalanga Statement On The State Of Security In Public Hospitals In The ProvinceRead More
- 18 November 2019: NEHAWU Congratulates Its General Secretary For Being Elected At the General Secretary of the WFTU TUI-PS&ARead More
- 06 November 2019: NEHAWU And The SACP To Picket At Both USA And Turkish EmbassiesRead More
- 30 October 2019: NEHAWU Statement Of The 5th Plenary Session Of Its 11th National Executive CommitteeRead More
- 30 October 2019: NEHAWU Wishes POPCRU A Successful And United 9th National Congress Read More